Wednesday, April 27, 2011

IN STEPPS' Stars!


Hello, All!
Happy Spring! What amazing weather we are having here in Orange County!
Wow! Are we really in the last week of April?? If you're like us... you're finding it hard to believe this year is passing so quickly. Before you know, it's going to be Summer and time for Social Skills and Lego Camp! Be sure to sign up for all the exciting events IN STEPPS has coming up, if you haven't already. :)

Speaking of time flying, we wanted to take a moment and brag a little bit. We have had such an amazing year so far and have had so many wonderful opportunities to offer our families and community. In addition to these programs, we have a staff that we could never have dreamed! Our team of directors, supervisors, parent consultants, and therapists is impossible to beat and boy, are we counting our lucky stars!!!

We wanted to take a moment and share some amazing feedback we've gotten and spotlight a few of the outstanding staff members here at  IN STEPPS.
They are truly "A STEPP ABOVE!"

So! Without further aideu ...

...Drumroll...

Please meet Kelli H., Kim K., Kimberly M., and Nicole H!
These ladies are incredible and have contributed SO much to our company. Each of them offer an abundance of dedication, creatitiviy, and enthusiasm that make them such an imporant part of the services we offer.

Kelli H.




Kelli has been with us since the beginning. She has grown so much and has truly made an enormous difference in the lives of the families she has worked with. This May, Kelli will be heading off to USC to get her graduate degree in O.T. (Occupational Therapy). As sad as we are to see her go, we are SO proud of her and wish her nothing but great success.

Here is a note from one of Kelli's supervisors about what an amazing job she has done....


"Hi Yvonne,
I just wanted to take some time to tell you how amazing Kelli has been doing on the cases I work with her on. Her PRT looks fantastic and the kids are making SO much progress working with her. She responds well to feedback and immediately implements any suggestion I give her. She keeps me informed of any issues or struggles and does very well troubleshooting when I am not there for supervision. On top of her skills, Kelli has also shown a great amount of flexibility.  She has been an asset to each team she is on and I really enjoy working with her!


-Lindsey"

Good luck Kelli, you will be missed!

Kim K.

Kim is awesome! She has learned so quickly and contributes so much to each team she is on. The kids love her, and it's no wonder! She is fun, energetic, and provides great PRT sessions! 

One of our supervisors had this to say about Kim:

"Let me just tell you how wonderful it is to work with Kim K. She does an amazing job with any age group but I really feel liker her niche is the early start group. She's fantastic at coming up with age appropriate replacement behaviors.  She's silly, fun and motivating and she always has a plan.  The kids adore her!  Also, she's great at thinking on her toes and taking feedback and applying it. It's such a pleasure to work with Kim!

-Nicole"

Way to go, Kim! We appreciate you so much!

Kimberly M. & Nicole H.


Kimberly


Nicole

And finally, we would like to sing the praises of two of our incredible supervisors! Kimberly and Nicole.... Wow, what can we say? You both have gone above and beyond what has been required of you and have contributed so much to each family you have worked with. Your knowledge, experience, and commitment have set you apart and we think we speak for everyone when we say: THANK YOU! We hope you know what an important part of IN STEPPS both of you are.

One of our therapists, John, wrote this eloquent and sweet email about you and IN STEPPS and we just HAD to share it with everyone :) 

"Yvonne,
Just wanted to let you know how awesome I think the new office is. Besides the floor plan layout, which I think is A+, I'm really enjoying the unifying/camaraderie feeling I get every time I spend time in the office. Whether it's a high 5 in passing or the ability to ask a supervisor a quick question or pick their brain on a certain topic while they are attempting to relax and eat lunch, the office is providing a great team atmosphere that I think is really encouraging and helpful.
I also wanted to let you know what great supervisors Kimberly and Nicole are.
Kimberly was my very first supervisor so I have a special little place in my heart for her. She has helped me grow and progress as a therapist so much. She does a really great job of modeling the improvements or changes she wants you to make after explaining them. She doesn't just tell you, she shows you, and she is really good at providing more than one example and showing different ways to make the changes. She also draws from her past experiences as a therapist, which makes me feel like she could totally relate and understand any concerns or problems I have because she has been in my exact shoes before.

Nicole is sunshine. She is contagiously upbeat and positive and not in an annoying "Richard Simmons" kind of way. She does an excellent job making each client/case feel like a team effort.   It's never "John, you need to do such and such" it's always "We need to do such and such" or "let's change how we are going to target such and such goal".  She is able to establish a team approach because she is so supportive. Any comment or concern I've expressed has always been given her full attention. She listens. Several times I've called her after a late session and she has always picked up and made time to talk about a kiddo, answer endless questions, or listen to me detail some awesome moment a kiddo had that day.  Any time I get frustrated, need to vent, or have a concern she is always there to listen and gives great advice and suggestions.  Another thing I really appreciate about Nicole is how encouraging she is of me and my personality as a therapist. I always feel like she wants me to be my best therapist self.
I could go on and on about both but I won't.  You already know how rad they are. They both do one thing I REALLY appreciate as a therapist. They are just as specific with their praise as they are with their criticism/suggestions.  I can't explain how much it means to me that they do this but they both do it so well and I'm glad they do.

Last, I'd love to be a part of/work any of the activities we are going to be having in the future. If you think I'd be a good fit for any of them then count me in. Lego Camp is definitely right up my alley.

Glad to be here,
John


Thanks, John! We couldn't have said it better. Kimberly & Nicole: You rock!!!! :)

To our IN STEPPS Families:

If you have any positive and encourgaing words of feedback for the staff that you have had on your team, or just want to share your experience with IN STEPPS... please send us an email. We would love to hear from you!  Your words are what mean the most to us, as you and your family are the reason we all do what we do! :)

Until next time! ....

-IN STEPPS




No comments:

Post a Comment