Monday, November 21, 2011

Giving Thanks


"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy 

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Thanksgiving is upon us-- can you believe it?! Where has this year gone? Before you start cooking up that turkey and strategizing your Black Friday shopping plan of attack... we have some cool things to share with you!

This past Friday during Parent's Night Out we had the kids finish this sentence: "I am thankful for..." They gave some very sweet, honest answers, as kids always do. Here are just a few of their responses:




We at In Stepps have a lot to be thankful for. So we thought "Hey, what would our answers look like??" We asked our staff to finish the sentence "I am thankful for... "

Here are their amazing answers:

Yvonne:
I am thankful for our dedicated amazing clinical team that always goes above and beyond!

Erin:
I am thankful for being able to do what I love with people I admire and respect.

Adriana:
I am thankful for… my parents, friends, health, and having the opportunity to work with amazing people who make a difference in children’s lives every day.

Kimberly:
I am thankful for... my job because I get to spend most of my day playing with kids and surrounded by wonderful people!

Kimberly adds: "I would also like to share a quote from one of out clients... he told me "Grateful means thankful" To which I replied, "yes that's right, they do mean the same thing" and then he said 'grateful means thankful and I am grateful for you.'"

Lindsey:
I am thankful for ... the families that welcome me into their home with open hearts and minds and allow me to connect with their child. I am also thankful for my wonderful family and friends who fill my life with their love, support, patience, and kindness. Oh, and I am thankful for my dogs!

Nicole H.:
I am thankful for my amazing friends and family and that I have a ridiculously fun job that makes me smile and laugh every day!

Leigh Ann:
I am thankful for all of the love and support I have from my family all the way from Ohio.

Alissa:
I am thankful for the love of my family and friends and for coming home everyday from work knowing I made a slight difference in someones life.

Dave:
I am thankful for everyday!

Jenn B.:
I am thankful for the supportive family and friends surrounding me

Jenn S.:
I am thankful for my family and friends and the support they provide in my daily life. Some of it may may seem simple and trivial like picking up the kids from school so they are not waiting for me because I am stuck in traffic, but without it our squeaky wheel would not turn.

Elise:
I'm thankful that everyday I go to work at a job that I love so much with so many people that I adore- my families, kids and co workers :)

Kara-Lee:
I am thankful for all the wonderful families I have had the honor to meet and work with in this past year.

Krystal:
I am thankful for my family and make up!

Laura C.:
I am thankful for having loving, supportive family and friends, a happy and positive work environment and the best doggie that shows me 100% unconditional love!

Nicole F.:
I am thankful for working with a great "family", the beach, and ice cream!

Jesse:
I am thankful for my family!

Brianna:
I am thankful for good friends, family, and yummy food!

Mayra:
I am thankful for so many things this year that it's hard to choose one. Above all, I am very thankful for the health & life of my family. I am also thankful for IN STEPPS. I am very blessed to have found this company that I really enjoy working but most of all a place where I am making a difference in the lives of others!

Wow! How awesome! It's great to reflect on all of the wonderful things we have to be thankful for in our lives each and every day. Thanks for sharing, everyone!

Here are some pictures from our Turkey Time Parent's Night Out (PNO) this past Friday. How precious are these faces?! This is why we love spending Friday nights at the office once a month! :)










Check back later this week; we will announce the date for the next PNO. It will be a great opportunity to leave your kids with us while you finish up last minute holiday shopping!

In the spirit of Thanksgiving and the holidays, we have to ask:
What are YOU thankful for??
Feel free to post your thoughts in the comment section below or email us! We are always happy to hear from you!

And finally...
In Stepps' Thanksgiving wish for each of you: We hope you enjoy all of the wonderful moments and revel in the most special gifts this time of year has to offer- joy, love, laughter, the presence of family and friends, and gratitude in your heart. And of course, relaxation and full bellies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment