Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Appreciation


"Children are the anchors of a mother's life."

Thank you to this very special mom for sharing her Mother's Day story!

As I reflect back on all that has happened, I take a deep breath. I can't help but smile and be grateful for all those who have helped our family.

I entered the world of Autism in 2006. Since then, both of my children have been diagnosed with Autism. My children truly represent the Autism Spectrum. They are both so different, so unique, with their own set of strengths. They amaze me with their hard work, even when things are tough. I see huge potential in each of them and know that everything I do every day will help them succeed in their own way in the future. I would do anything for my kids. I am doing everything I can for them. My life is about theirs. I live for them, for their success and their future. 

In life, we never know where paths will take us. Sometimes we end up in a place we never knew existed. I didn’t know about Autism before I was thrown into this world. I’m a better mom/person because I’m here, thanks to my kids. I am proud to be their Mom and forever grateful for them, Autism and all.

From one mother to another, wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day and may God bless you and your children!

~Proud mom of Timothy & Emily 


This Mother's Day I feel very grateful for all of the wonderful moms I have the honor of working with through IN STEPPS.  Every day I get to witness the strength, bravery and commitment that our amazing moms possess. Many of our mother's have had to learn through experience how to advocate and fight to get services for their children. They often juggle caring for their child (or children) with autism while also caring for their other children,  working full or part time jobs, and being active participants in their child's treatment through participation in session and parent consultation. I am inspired by our amazing mothers and feel truly blessed to be part of their team. Happy Mother's Day to all of our moms!!!

~Cheri Vandermey, Case Supervisor


No comments:

Post a Comment